Monarch's Way track
Easy three and four mile walks and rides through attractive woodlands, with plenty of opportunities to extend routes.
Angmering Park Estate is situated in the middle of Sussex between Worthing and Arundel. There are well surfaced roads or good tracks for most routes.
Start at the Dover Road car park off the A27 road. No toilets or refreshments here or nearby.
See maps below and have fun with the different views, eg tracks or satellite view, zooming in or out.
We have heard that deer are often seen in this area. We saw just one fawn when we walked here mid April 2021.
Space for about 40 cars in the Dover Road free car park, open between dawn and dusk
We had never seen so many wood anemones in one place before. They carpeted the ground in their millions in several areas
Wood anemone close up
Great for cycling
Cycling on the Monarch's Way section, a private road and public bridleway
TO MAKE THE MAP WORK click on “plotaroute” at the bottom right. Then you can
- zoom in to see other paths, for example to extend or vary the routes
- view full screen by clicking the four headed arrow,
- view satellite or cyclable route etc views by clicking the down arrow next to the route type label (top right)
- show down hill sections in green, uphill in orange and steeper uphill in red by clicking DISPLAY, then “Hilliness”
- show current weather and for next days by clicking Menu, “Weather”
- print the map by clicking Menu, “Print”
- download the map by clicking Menu, “Download”
Please share your comments or experiences - the first comment box works for facebook users, otherwise please use the second comment box
Happy walking and riding,
Please share my posts.
14 April 2021